Re: Who exactly are the freezes for primarily: upstream or downstream?

Hello Joanmarie,

> Tomorrow, for instance, is UI Freeze. Tomorrow is also when the 2.31.90
> tarballs are due. Should I interpret this to mean our last-minute UI
> changes need to be included the tarball I create because that is what
> downstream expects? Or does it simply mean tarballs are due and btw
> freeze is here, i.e. so that our upstream doc and i18n teams have
> sufficient time to do their jobs?

This is more like the second reason, the doc and i18n teams need a
relatively stable base to finish their work properly; for reference the
freezes are detailed on http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/Freezes

Cheers,

        Frederic