Re: Update of libchamplain version in external dependencies

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:03, Łukasz Jernaś <deejay1 srem org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the detailed answer. +1 for the bump.
>>
>> There was no objection, let's do it. Can someone bump the version in the
>> modulesets and on the wiki page?
>
> Done.

Perfect, thanks.

One more question (to anyone) - right now libchamplain has the version
number as a part of its name, e.g. libchamplain-0.7.so. This means
that the modules depending on libchamplain have something like

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(CHAMPLAIN, [
  champlain-0.7 >= 0.7
])

in their configure.ac. When I make the final 0.8 release, the
configure.ac of the affected modules will have to be updated too
because of the bumped version in the library name. This will need some
synchronisation of libchamplain release and the other module's
release. What's the best practice in such situation? I would say the
best would be to make the libchamplain release one or two weeks before
the gnome release so other modules can be updated and tested with the
0.8 version in their configure. Or are there better ways of doing
that?

Cheers,

Jiri