Re: desktop-devel-list Digest, Vol 70, Issue 18

Hi,

I would suggest redefine the api that takes a GtkMenu directly in such a
way that it directly utilizes the submenus defined in the app. By
'direct utilizing' I mean popping up and popping down are triggered by
the indicator, but all other events are handled in the app. No event
forwarding is needed as GtkMenu has its own toplevel window and receives
real X events. The only difficulty is to maintain a smooth mouse/key
grabbing.

The majority of the api can base on GtkActions/GtkUIManager. The apps
that are impossible with GtkActions/GtkUIManager can then make use of
this api.

Regards,

Yu