Re: Module Proposal: Rygel

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Lennart Poettering <mztabzr 0pointer de> wrote:
> On Sun, 21.02.10 14:50, Bastien Nocera (hadess hadess net) wrote:
>
>> - The preferences UI is pretty horrible
>
> Should we really keep the UI at all? The options offered therein appear
> very esoteric to me, and a trivial addition to
> gnome-file-share-properties that would just introduce one simple
> checkbox "Share my Music" (and "Share my Videos", yadda yadda) seems a
> lot more appropriate to me.

  Hmm.. sounds right now that I looked at that UI.

> I don't see why anybody would want to disable transcoding or choose the
> interface to listen on (Rygel should listen on all of them
> anyway...).

  Agree on transcoding but not interfaces. We don't want media to be
shared on public networks. The plan is to be able to select network by
ESSID so user can decide where the media is shared (home) and where
its not (office, cafe). Unless there is a better way to achieve this?

>And the "plugins" pane of rygel preferences is redundant
> too. Rygel should use tracker if it is installed and otherwise and
> automatically fall back to the gvfs backend. No need to configure
> anything there.

  Agreed! So I guess we both agree on getting rid of this UI mostly
and move the remaining parts to gnome-user-share UI. Now lets see if
Bastien agrees. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)