Re: GNOME 3 cleanup status update

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
> In general I have the feeling that the GTK+ stack on Windows is on a
> downward slope. Each new release introduces new stuff that never gets
> fully implemented/tested for Windows, like the client-side windows.
> Note that I am not blaming anybody, not even myself, just stating the
> obvious. It might well be that GTK+ 2.16 and GLib 2.20 was the most
> "usable" combination there will be, until somebody gets the
> inspiration / resources to dig into it.

Just meant to second Tor here, but from a Mac OS X support point of
view.  At the moment I don't know how well gobject-introspection works
on the Mac.  I don't have the resources to look into this in the near
future either.  It is possible to get glib, pango, gtk+ to build from
git master without having gobject-introspection built with some m4
file copying, but even this has caused numerous issues for people
building the gtk+ stack from git.  I guess the same holds in case glib
gets a hard dependency on dbus ...

To repeat Tor: not blaming anybody, but just stating the obvious ...

regards,

-kris.