Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 13:37 +0200, Christian Persch wrote:

> Finally, I'd like to suggest that gsettings-desktop-schemas install a
> header file containing #define's for each schema ID, schema, path and
> all the key names.

I tried to discuss this on IRC because I believe it's a good idea.  It's
nice to have the compiler yell at you because you typed
G_DESKTOP_BACKROUND instead of silently allowing
"org.gnome.desktop.backround".

I was even considering one step farther, defining macros like:

#define g_desktop_background_settings_new()  -> g_setting_new("...")

That then leads to g_desktop_background_settings_get_style() macros and
such.  That might be going too far.

Opinions?