Re: (L)GPLv3

Le mardi 06 juillet 2010 à 09:00 -0400, Ryan Lortie a écrit :
> Anybody who has an application that is GPLv2-only and has accepted
> enough contributions that it has become an unreasonable proposition to
> relicense has made a significant mistake.

Anyone who licenses his work under a license “or later version” takes a
significant risk, which is roughly similar to that of copyright
attribution.

If our primary goal was to avoid license incompatibilities, we would
choose BSD and get done with it. Those who choose copyleft should know
the price: license incompatibilities.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :