Re: Using AS_ALL_LINGUAS instead of po/LINGUAS

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 18:21 +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
> With the current scheme, we have po/LINGUAS which is disted
> automagically. With your scheme, we need po/LINGUAS.ignore (which you
> have to dist manually).

It's probably possible to get LINGUAS.ignore added to the dist
automatically.

> Also, if you add a new po/xx.po file, configure isn't re-run
> automatically so the new entry isn't added to ALL_LINGUAS. This works
> with the current po/LINGUAS file (since inltool's Makefile.in.in
> evaluates the LINGUAS file at build time, not configure time).

Might be possible to inject some rules...  or we propose this as an
option for intltool.

The use-case for this was that with transifex the translators translate
and submit .po files, but LINGUAS is never touched.  Obviously this
often leads to tarballs shipping with lots of translations that are
disabled...

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com