Re: Modulesets Reorganization

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 08:54 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:

> Maybe for willing applications in Launchpad, that means:
>
> 1) Having an approved GNOME coding team (~gnome-team?) that the
> maintainer sets to own the branch.  This way, documenters and
> GNOME-approved coders can directly commit.
>
> 2) Having the maintainer set the approved translation team to
> '~gnome-translation-project' and having some documentation for
> translators that this particular app lives in launchpad.  With
> Launchpad, they wouldn't need direct access to trunk, but it wouldn't
> hurt if they chose to edit directly instead of the web interface.
>
> 3) For documentation, a similar situation.  Have some documentation
> for them that says, 'for this app, edit docs in this trunk'.  Then
> they could directly commit.

If we're to allow external hosting for "blessed" applications
(to whatever extent we're blessing applications), these rules
would go a long way towards helping bridge the gap. But the
gap will still be there.

It's just more stuff to think about for contributors, and for
non-git hosting services, it's another VCS to learn. There's
a lot of stuff I have to teach new documentation contributors,
and adding another VCS to the mix doesn't help.

--
Shaun