Re: Call to maintainers: GNOME 2.31 to ship GTK 2.90

Le samedi 12 juin 2010 à 16:55 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> And you're telling me that your decision on keeping a GTK+ 2.x version
> is based on one distributor's dubious decision? GNOME 3.x will be
> based
> on GTK+ 3.x.

Hey Bastien,

We wouldn't be the first distribution to work on a GNOME version not
being the most recent one for a cycle, that's a distribution choice and
I'm not sure why it would be "dubious"?

Take in account that some distributions out there are available and used
and without gtk3 and will keep being used for a while (Debian, OpenSuse,
RHEL, Ubuntu LTS, etc). It's reasonable for software writers to support
having their new version to still build on those distribution to reach
those users, why would you require everybody to drop gtk2 support?

Sebastien Bacher