Re: GtkNotebook scrolling usability

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:01, Carlos Garnacho <carlosg gnome org> wrote:

> I may understand not all notebooks need this feature. Perhaps we could
> have a MDI mode in GtkNotebook, so features such as mouse wheel
> scrolling and tab switching on alt+number are effective on these? (The
> latter isn't done in GTK+ itself yet, but is featured by most
> multitabbed apps)

A MDI mode is a good idea. GtkNotebook widget is used both for tabbed
document interfaces and for dialogs, which are quite different
situations. And while they have the same visual appearance[1], the
tabs don't represent the same structure of content.

[1] MDI mode in GtkNotebook could even remove visually its border.
Since in these cases the widgets don't have padding (as opposite from
dialogs), the GtkNotebook border is always duplicated from some other
border (like the window one). This is easily visible in Epiphany when
there are no tabs in the window and when you open a new tab.

Thank you.

--
Vinicius Depizzol <vdepizzol gmail com>
http://vinicius.depizzol.com.br