Re: GApplication is going away

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> hi Andre,
>
> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 17:15 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
>> As hardcode freeze starts on September 13th, which / how many modules
>> use GApplication and are affected by this?
>
> According to Seb (who did a quick grep) he knows of 4:
>
>  totem, gnome-color-manager, eog, nautilus
>
> These apps are using GApplication without GtkApplication in their 2.31.x
> releases.

Brasero is also using GApplication. At this time (beta stage) a few
weeks before releasing 2.32.0
it's pretty bad reverting back to libunique.

In the next release cycle i guess we will take more caution adopting
new technologies because
we spent most of the time porting to new ones (gsettings, gdbus and
gapplication).

Cheers
Luis