Re: Archiving 120 Git modules with no commit in 3 or more years

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:33:47AM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > Checking the last commits of the modules on git.gnome.org, I noticed we
> > have 120 modules which haven't received a commit in the last 3 years.
> >
> > I'll archive the modules somewhere this week (modules can easily be
> > moved out of the archive).
> >
> > I've archived modules before when I was really sure that nobody would
> > use it... but 120 is a bit much to check. Posting this list so if anyone
> > has an objection, I'll not archive the git module.
> >
> > The intention is to ensure that http://git.gnome.org/browse/ is readable
> > (old stuff in archive).
>
> You might move the old glade module (its now called glade_legacy ?) into
> the archive too as I did not see it in the list.
>
> Just out of curiosity, are they just going to be in another directory ?
>
> http://git.gnome.org/archives/browse/ or such ?

ATM they're lumped together on the same page. My first priority is
archiving stuff. Then to figure out how to show it :)

http://git.gnome.org/browse/ already is split into two pages, with a
hack to make show the archived and deprecated modules at the bottom.

Aiming for:
1. Different URL
2. Hiding the contents of Archived section (IMO deprecated should be
shown until they're archived)
3. Decreasing the number of modules shown per page. Currently set at
1000, could decrease it so most archived modules are not on the first
page.

Prefer option #2.

--
Regards,