Re: Planning features for 3.2

(sorry for the unthreaded mail, I just registered to the ML)

I just added a couple of paragraphs in
  http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne/Features/Sharing
about the accounts & SSO project we have developed in the context of
Maemo/MeeGo.

I'm sure that very few people know about this project, mostly because it
has been developed in some dark office in Nokia and, despite the code
being available in gitorious.org [0], no effort has been taken to
promote its visibility outside of Maemo/MeeGo.

The code itself is not bound to MeeGo in any special way, and should be
functional in any modern Linux desktop. Main technologies being used are
SQLite and D-Bus. The accounts subsystem is just a Glib-based library
(with a Qt wrapper also available), while the SSO subsystem consists of
a D-Bus service written in Qt, with Glib and Qt client libraries.

The development mailing list currently being use is meego-dev [1], and
the bugzilla is also hosted by the MeeGo project. But as I said, this in
only because the project was born in that context; if someone wishes to
offer a wider shelter for this project (Gnome, freedesktop.org,
others?), he's very welcome to do so. :-)

Questions and comments are also very welcome, until some other user of
the ML gets annoyed by them. ;-)

Ciao,
  Alberto

[0]: http://gitorious.org/accounts-sso