Re: gnome 3

Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com> a écrit:

> Suspend and hibernate are both hacks around the fact that power on and
> power off take a long time and that our session manager doesn't save
> session state.

This seems to be an over-simplification to me.  Processes managed by the
session manager are just a part of what comprises the user's working
set.  And of course, there are users who use things that are independent
of a particular session manager.  In other words, the scope of the
feature which purpose is to save the global working set of a user is by
essence broader than just the one of "our session manager".

--
		Dodji