Re: Online Accounts panel for 3.2

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 09:08 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> <snip>
>> This daemon/library thing, let's call it GOA (Gnome Online Accounts),
>> would _not_ be a mechanism to access any of these services. But it
>> would provide e.g. libsocialweb, telepathy, e-d-s and so on with
>> either the username/password combo or the OAuth token, whatever is
>> appropriate.
>
> The hard part here is handling application-authorisation. For example,
> for Flickr, it's not enough to have a login/password combo, you also
> need to allow the framework/application access to the account.
>
> You'll also see that both libsocialweb and bisho (the "config panel" for
> libsocialweb) have quite a lot of that code, including oauth helpers. It
> would certainly make sense to split it out of libsocialweb in this case.

Yup, I most of that out of my initial description to keep it short (I
tried to allude that both authorization (authorize app to use flickr)
and authentication (proving to flickr who you are) might need a web
browser in the footnote) - would definitely not want to rewrite all
that code if it's already written.

     David