Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v4)

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 19:53, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:

> All the questions after this assume a knowledge of GNOME and how our
> community works. That's fine if you are polling developers. If you are
> polling average users, then I think it's not worth asking.

Another issue that I don't think has been raised yet (sorry if it has,
this thread reached the limits a while ago) is that the changes we
make to GNOME aren't intended just for existing GNU/Linux users or
people with similar interests.

My understanding is that we want GNOME to be useful to people that
haven't been attracted yet to any of the existing free desktops (most
of the people in this world).

Somewhat related, you need to take into account people's natural
resistance to change. A factor that isn't equally relevant when
surveying future users as it is when surveying present ones.

Regards,

Tomeu