Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v4)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:05:26 +0100
Matthew Garrett <mjg59 srcf ucam org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:53:46PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> > > If you went back to 1991 and wanted a production-quality kernel within a
> > > year, Linux probably wouldn't be your starting point. There'd be a
> > > learning process involved with setting up a professional-quality survey
> > > team, and the first few attempts would be pretty buggy. We'd get there
> > > in time, but until then...
> >
> > Until then it's better to have nothing?
>
> It's better to have no data than to have misleading data.

It's better to have no desktop than one that might not be production
quality ?

Same argument, same problem. PS data is never misleading. It's
presentation maybe misleading but the data is just bits.

I do think the comments on more open and why fill in the box type
questions are on the button for the reasons expressed about sample size,
randomness and what it would be useful to learn.

Or perhaps rerun Federico's survey ?

Alan