Re: Confused about the release

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico gnome org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 15:24 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
>
>> I noticed that we have Contacts, Documents, and Sushi in the
>> apps moduleset.
>
> gnome-documents worries me because of its dependency on Tracker.
>

>From my conversations with Cosimo, GNOME Documents uses a custom
tracker miner for Google Documents, a custom extractor to handle the
Google Documents data, and the local filesystem miner pointed at
"~/Documents" and removable devices. It also uses the standard PDF and
OpenOffice documents miners. As far as I'm aware it does not use
Tracker's FTS capabilities, nor does it create indexes for it.

--
  Jasper