Re: two choices dangerous for Gnome 3

Hi!

> Ok, I understand this logic. But it create some other questions in my
> mind:
> - Is it already implemented in softwares?
> - Can we request that to not gnome software (Are we not being ignored)?
> - If a software prevent suspend and crash, what's going on there?
> - If a software prevent suspend wan't to force suspend, can he?
> - That does he not sow confusion among users about how they laptop work?
> (why it supend when? And why it don't suspend when?)

I gave that as an example. Actually it is about preditable behaviour and
as such an application can never prevent a suspend when closing the lid
because that could burn your laptop. But it could show a dialog when you
use the suspend hotkey that it won't suspend because you burn a disc.

> > BTW, I doubt that a discussion on desktop-devel-list will change
> > anything.
>
> Yes, but where?

I gave a big hint to bugzilla, did I?

> > This is a list to coordinate GNOME development, not about
> > design/usability/feature decisions because those are mostly done by
> > individual maintainers/teams.
>
> All these choices are personal and make by isolated individuals or is it
> panned with the community?

This is mostly how GNOME works yes. One of the reasons it isn't
democrathy. But most people still coordinate and share common goals. But
non-contributers usually aren't asked.

Regards,
Johannes