Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<zanghar freenet de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2011 04:56:32 you wrote:
>> On 01/03/11 19:33, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>> > ... above you said GNOME is about freedom, so now you differ between
>> > *this* and *that* freedom, that's not a very straight-line king to
>> > argue, if you ask me.
>>
>> You're talking about your denied freedom for you as a user to enslave the
>> GNOME developers, aren't you?
> No, about that no user can see the reason why you are taking *their* freedom
> (or in your words: you first took our freedom, period). GNOME was always
> modular, so there's no point in demodularizing it, just because you want the
> user to be forced to use something.

Tell you what: I'm not thrilled about Shell either. I don't like some
of the technology choices, I don't like some of the design concepts.
But unless you're going to provide code patches, better designs and
other resources, please stop complaining. It's like standing in the
middle of the street and yelling "we should all be rich". Saying so
won't make it happen.

--
Patryk Zawadzki