Re: Looking for a volunteer: gnome-system-monitor porting

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Joseph Pingenot
<gnome-ddl digitasaru net> wrote:
> From Chris Kühl on Monday, 24 January, 2011:
>>On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Matthias Clasen
>><matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> we are shipping a single gtkmm application in the meta-gnome-core
>>> moduleset: gnome-system-monitor. It is nice to showcase our C++
>>> bindings in this way, and a system-monitor is certainly a utility that
>>> one would expect as part of the desktop. Unfortunately, it is still
>>> using the 2.x bindings, and there has been no action at all to port it
>>> to the bindings that we are actually going to include in GNOME 3.
>>> So, the release team is looking for a volunteer to take on porting
>>> gnome-system-monitor to gtk3. This should not be all that much work,
>>> and there are some patches in bugzilla already.
>>> Please coordinate with the maintainers before diving in (I've cc'ed them here).
>>I'd like to tackle the port to the 3.0 bindings as Murray has given
>>the ok to use Openismus time on this. I can start looking into it and
>>talking to the maintainers tomorrow.
>
> Sounds like you're the better option; mind if I give you some patches?  :)

Not at all. I'll see what I've gotten myself into when I take a closer
look at the code tomorrow. As andre said on IRC, we should use the
following bugs to avoid duplicate work.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=625883,627568,632799,622928,613752

Cheers,
Chris