Re: Archiving old non-maintained (for GNOME 3) applets

Il 10/06/2011 12:07, Vincent Untz ha scritto:
Hi,

I guess everyone knows that GNOME 2 applets don't work in GNOME 3, and
talking here and there, the feedback I got is that it wasn't worth
creating a bridge to be able to load those in the GNOME 3 panel.

As several applets are not going to be ported to GNOME 3 (either because
the code is unmaintained or it has been announced already), I think we
should clearly archive them so that translators stop working on them and
distributors know their status.

So far, I only have this small list:

  bookmark-applet
  contact-lookup-applet
  deskbar-applet
  gnome-netstatus

It also appears that libpanelappletmm won't get ported (and the gnote
developers decided to directly use the C library instead for the GNOME 3
port).

So unless anybody complains about those 5 modules, I'll file a bug to
get them archived.

Is there any other git module for an applet that we should archive?

quick-lounge-applet (I'm the maintainer) can be archived as well, it was an applet to organize launchers on the panel, it's clearly of no use now that we have the GNOME Shell.

- Paolo