Re: goobox 2.90.1

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico ximian com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 09:56 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Do we have a rationale for using dark themes for multimedia apps?

Using an achromatic context for presenting visual media allows the
media to be presented without additional color shift due to the human
visual system changing the subjectively experienced color/whitepoint
in the opposite (negative color) direction of the background color[1].
Additionally with our active display technologies white backgrounds
cause more glare and thus more visual noise/distraction than a darker
background would do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_constancy

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson