Re: Interested in GNOME on touchscreens?

Hello Bastien,

Nice to see someone having a look at this. I have one of those Lenovos
that were given at the MeeGo conference with Multitouch support.

My gut feeling is that we are going to need a customized version of
the shell and specific apps for a touch driven interface. This is
something I think will be more important as there are no foss
alternatives in the tablet/pad/slate space.

Hopefully the work KaL is doing on Hildon/Gtk+ might help, but I think
we need better touch driven/data browsing widgets in Gtk+.

I'll try to get the Shell running on my Lenovo and give some feedback
during this week.

Cheers,
Alberto