Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>

> - Accessibility: As Jon said in the discussion about the Universal
> Access menu, we don't really have a story to tell here. Still not in a
> position where we can turn on toolkit a11y  by default, and the shell
> a11y leaves a lot to be desired too.

And as far as I know, having toolkit a11y by default is not a first
priority here. Although we discussed on the gnome accessibility list
some ways to try to solve it, and we will talk about it on the ATK
hackfest, as I said it is not the first thing on the plate.

(And yes, I know that this would mean that the screen reader and
caribou will not be included on the accessibility menu)

About the a11y on the shell, AFAIK, it is going as planned. For the
initial release 3.0 it would have the basic support, and during this
time it would be a matter of refine it in order to have something
"good enough" on 3.2.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)