Re: SoC idea: desktop file cache

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:

> then the existing users will continue to see the old file which will only
> vanish completely on the last close.

Right, hence the inotify watch.  Though actually, this makes me notice
we aren't monitoring the GTK+ icon cache?

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkiconcache.c

Hmm...not good, but I guess no one cared much that you didn't see
changed icons until process restart (you will still see new ones,
since they won't be found in the cache and we'll still try scanning
the filesystem I think).