Re: Online Accounts panel for 3.2

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 11:37 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Yup. Note that GOA has a well-defined format (I need to add this
> information to some man page soon) for defining accounts - basically
> key-value files in
>
>  /etc/goa-1.0/accounts.conf.d/*.conf
>  ~/.config/goa-1.0/accounts.conf.d/*.conf
>  ~/.config/goa-1.0/accounts.conf
>
> with goa-daemon(8) listening for changes as well.
>
> The way I think it should work is that you can only modify/delete
> accounts defined in in the latter file - the intent is that the
> accounts.conf.d directories are for system administrators only. We do
> need an Account:CanModify property that e.g. the control-center should
> use to make the "Delete" button insensitive. Do you think this would
> work with Evo too?

Evo would be creating its own accounts based GOA accounts, using info
from GOA's key files to seed our own.  I don't see us modifying GOA's
key file at all, do you?

Maybe I wasn't clear when I mentioned syncing accounts.  What I meant
was we would listen for added and removed events from GOA and then make
the equivalent change in -our own- account system.  So GOA would be a
read-only source for us, confined to some add-on module.

So I *think* we're still on the same page, just want to make sure.

A "CanModify" property should be easy to wire up once our own accounts
have some kind of lock down capability.  Currently they do not, but I'm
already rewriting our account system so it's just a new requirement.