Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Guillaume Desmottes <gdesmott gnome org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 11 mai 2011 à 11:47 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :

>> That will hopefully be superseded by the Web Accounts panel David is
>> working on.
>
> But shouldn't we wait that the Web accounts panel is actually a full
> super-set of Empathy's panel (and not just some mockups) before removing
> the lib?

No. We don't want the crazy (sorry...) list of chat protocols in
there, I think. The way I envision this to work for both empathy and
for evolution is that the apps will pick up configuration for the
major web accounts (google, facebook,...) from the web accounts panel,
but still offer their own configuration for things like bare imap (in
evo) or irc (in empathy).