Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

About no external panels for gnome-control-center:

And what do you do for some system-config-*, from Red Hat, that need
integration like system-config-service and system-config-firewall ?

With don't allow other panel than official, you force these system
settings to be only an independent application and some user (like
Fedora Users) to have an incoherent system.

In the past, for Gnome 2.XX, any people can create and add a user
preference or a system setting element and we don't have problems.

System-config-* are not only one: Lirc settings? Boot (Grub+Plymouth)
settings, etc.
Recently, I read in Phoronix that AMD want to add the support of all
these future CPU to the Free (as Freedom) bios/EFI nammed Coreboot. Some
settings of this bios/EFI can be set from the operating system. So, we
can have a panel for some basic settings in system settings. But only if
we have this bios/EFI. How can we do that if we can't do a 3rd-party
panel?

With 3rd-party panel don't possible we are sure to broke these futures
works, only for block some hypothetical problem. I don't think it's a
good Compromise.

Regards.

-----
Gendre Sébastien