Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

> I totally agree, IMHO GNOME is a base to allow distributors, vendors and
> third parts to build up and extend their own user experience and
> services and "fight" on free market. No competition means stagnation.
Yes, very true. GNOME wants to dictate some policies. Fair play,
because we own the code. But that dictate may kill gnome publicly - if
distros would not want to be dictated.
Back into the history, X11 provided "mechanism, not policy". GNOME
enforces policies. Fine, but let's not go too far with this dictate.

And anyway, even if we dictate policies - at least we should have
courtesy to put them in words, I guess.

> But it seems by now we are a small minority :-|
Seem so.

> May I add: who is in charge to settle those _technical_ and _political_
> sides of GNOME Desktop development? ;-)
Very good question, actually.