Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

Il giorno gio, 12/05/2011 alle 16.51 -0400, David Zeuthen ha scritto:

> Yes. I also think we tried that with GNOME 2 and failed. I mean, look
> at GNOME 2's control center - on all distros, it's a royal mess of
> random crap from either GNOME, the distro or 3rd party app written by
> a kid in a basement.

So? Why this should be a failure? If so you should say the same for
Applications menu: it provides stuff from GNOME, stuff from distributor
and stuff you install using a third part repository. And sometimes
people have installed many web applications and their Internet menu was
bigger the 10 items (you know, this was not approved in GNOME2
design) :P
And I've to admit: I've install Virtualbox even though it could break
the polish of my GNOME3 experience.

Please do not mix the feature ("allow third part System Settings panel")
with misuse ("a specific System Setting panel is badly designed and its
controls should be placed somewhere else").