Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

> This is just absurd - distros were never supposed to compete with each
> other (if I had my way, anyway)
It was not me who brought the idea of "external competition" here;)
Anyway, are you saying that all distros would be happy to use
identical UI?

> You know what I think is selfish? Treating GNOME like it's just a
> factory spitting out technology, at your bidding, that you can put
> together as you see fit. And then not giving any credit or
> contributing your changes back upstream. Think about it.
I totally support that idea. That collaboration should be mutual - or
it just would not work.