Re: "Open containing folder" for all apps

On 11 May 2011, at 17:52, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> One detail of "Open if file manager" is that it is trivial to make apps
> call "nautilus --blahblah", but ideally this should be cross-desktop
> (and I imagine that Firefox and LibreOffice won't like to have
> Gnome-specific stuff like that).  Maybe we need to add an option to
> xdg-open(1)?

As an aside, the terminology that most OS X apps have settled on for this feature is either "Reveal in Finder" or "Show in Finder", rather than "Open in Finder" (Finder being the Mac's file manager). I guess those verbs make it sound more like a temporary diversion from the main task at hand, which is probably appropriate.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.