Re: New module proposal: LightDM

Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 17:41 -0400, Colin Walters a écrit :
> I'm not convinced by this data that GDM has been a problematic code
> base to work on.  You're obviously free to create a new project; but
> on the basis above, I'd say you really didn't try very hard to make
> real changes in GDM before deciding to rewrite from scratch.

To be fair to Robert, working on GDM isn’t an easy task, due to the
complexity of the code and the labyrinth of classes. There was also a
time when we got the impression that merging features would be hard.

Still, by working that out with Ray, we are now close to get the Debian
changes to a minimum, so it is certainly feasible.

--
.''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :