Re: systemd as external dependency

Hi,

I'd like to point out something here, I don't think we should state
that we will not support other OSes, but certainly we should not
hesitate to make some compromises if it allows for a better user
experience.

Resources are scarce, and I'm afraid that Sun/Oracle  (and I'm talking
as an ex-Sun that worked closely with the Solaris Desktop guys here)
or any other group that cares about GNOME in other platforms can't
expect that the GNOME community should carry the burden of cross
platform support itself.

I learned this the hard way with my efforts to improve the Win32 story
of the GNOME platform. Without enough upstream
developers/co-maintainers taking care of those platforms actively we
have no choice but to move on.

My 2 cents.