Re: systemd as external dependency

On Wed, 18.05.11 16:34, Dave Neary (dneary gnome org) wrote:

> Are you sure you're not taking the GNOME OS idea a bit far here? Are we
> going to start depending on kernels carrying specific patch sets next?
> Or specifying which package management system we expect GNOME
> distributors to choose?

I have not said anything about package management systems or which Linux
distros people should use. Please don't put wordsin my mouth. What you
are doing here is not helpful at all.

I have said something about OS kernels, more spefifically APIs.

I am not sure what you consider the "OS" part of "GNOME OS" means, but
I'd claim that the core piece of an OS is the kernel.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.