Re: 3.2 features: login screen

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 08:02 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Over the past week, I've been working with Ray on fleshing out the
> plans for gdm in 3.2. We are aiming for 2 things for 3.2:
>
> - A new 'shell-style' greeter. You can see a mockup on the feature page.

Will the UI be something that can end up being shared with
gnome-screensaver, to avoid mismatching UIs?

> - An 'initial-setup' tool. The goal here is to allow setting up a few
> essential things on a new system before you start to use it for the
> first time.

Given that, at least for a transition period, it might replicate some of
the settings done during the installation, would it be possible to
disable particular pages from being shown, so as to have no overlap. I'd
expect distributors to make changes to the .desktop file to disable
particular pages until their installer catches up.

> More details can be found in
> https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne/Features/LoginScreen. Please go
> and read them before replying.

Cheers