Re: 3.2 features: login screen

Le vendredi 20 mai 2011 à 09:07 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> > A system should be immediately usable once the installation is finished.
>
> There's plenty of scenarios where this logic doesn't work:
> - preinstalled or otherwise provisioned systems
> - generally any situation where the person doing the installation is
> not the same as the person using the system

This is precisely the kind of situations where the installer needs to
take care of everything.

> And existing practice seems to disagree with your vision, if you look
> at things like firstboot or yast.

We used to have that too. It’s a hindrance, and it needlessly splits the
installation process in two.

It feels to me like you want to replace firstboot by a graphical thingy
and put a GNOME label on a Red Hat-specific program.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :