Re: 3.2 features: login screen

Matthias Clasen (matthias clasen gmail com) said:
> > 2. Similarly, how is 'e)' different than the current user add
> > screen? How are additional users expected to configure this information
> > for their login if they are created in this manner?
>
> Additional users can use the control-center to set up the account, as
> things currently stand. It is conceivable that one could write a
> welcome assistant for additional users that does some of the same
> things (and probably shares some of the code), but that's not part of
> the current design. And considering that most systems are single-user,
> and additional users are much less likely to be 'alone with the new
> toy', it seems a much lower priority.

I'm just trying to envision how this can be used, or reused, in other
scenarios. (For example, the subsequent user accounts could use
the same wizard, with potentially network & location elided.)

> > 3. Given the 'initial setup' sort of idea, is there going to be a
> > 'reset to factory defaults' button somewhere else?
>
> I don't think we need one, really. Do you ?

Probably not; that certainly implies something about the provisioning
and layout of the system to implement sanely.

Bill