GObject Introspection instead of PyGTK

hi All,

My python app [1] won't run on Ubuntu 11.10 apparently because:

"python-gnomeapplet is no longer being developed as Python developers need to use GObject Introspection instead of PyGTK to work with GTK3."

Please can someone point me in the direction of an example of using GObject Introspection instead of PyGTK.

and advise if it will be possible for me to write an app that is both Gnome 2.x and 3 compatible.

Many thanks,
Richard

1. http://sites.google.com/site/richardhenwood/gnome-workspacetime