Re: 3.4 Features, final round

Lets avoid the fact that this is by MS, it is still useful to look at.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/jump-lists
They distinguish between recently and frequently used too

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Seif Lotfy <seif lotfy com> wrote:
Let me elaborate,
One of the main ideas of jump-lists are not only actions and recently used stuff. But also frequently used. Recently used as it is now is not helpful.
On a busy day I open several files (around 16) using gedit. Now I go to the gedit icon in the dash. The right-click displaying the last 7 items is not always helpful. Some of those items are things i would *not* open again or maybe i was just browsing through code. Such items are "noise" that populate the list taking slots that could be filled by more promising files". To know those I need to know which of the files I used today, I also used Yesterday (this is a feature missing in gtk.recentlyused since it overwrites the dates) or used more than once in the last N days (gtk.recentlyused has no concept of frequency)
Assuming that anything i open "frequently" will appear under gtk.recentlyused is risky since the only order we have is chronological order. With Zeitgeist its easier to detect such noise, by knowing the count, which allows us make more use of the slots.
4 recently used + 4 most used (within the last week).
Cheers
Seif