Re: Features !

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 04:17:00PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Where are your ideas ? It would be great to get them onto that wiki
> page, in particular since next weekend a bunch of us will get together
> in Montreal to, among other things, spend time to talk about 3.4
> features.

One important factor to consider as mentioned on the wiki:
| Note that task owners are mandatory as this is not meant as a random
| wishlist.

and from the last minutes:
| A feature is an idea that would be a major user visible (and
| marketable) change, typically affects several modules, need some
| consensus, and a person to lead the change.
|
| The process would be a discussion of the idea on desktop-devel-list,
| to achieve a general consensus, the release team role is then to
| ensure that a conclusion is reached.
|
| Once agreed, we shouldn't add too much overhead to the process, but it
| would definitely be useful to do regular status updates on features.

So when discussing, please note that we expect someone to work on it or
somehow ensure it gets done. I know everyone has loads of ideas, please
say what you'll (want to) work on for 3.4 / 3.6 :)

Then the discussion can be a bit more concrete (whose help do you need,
do they agree, etc)
--
Regards,
Olav