Re: Splitting gnome-utils for 3.4

Den 06-10-2011 20:44, Cosimo Cecchi skrev:
On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 12:59 +0200, Stef Walter wrote:

You probably already figured this out, but here's the commands that
seemed to work for me:

$ cd po/
$ for po in *.po; do intltool-update ${po%.po}; done
$ sed -i.bak '/#~/d' *.po
$ for po in *.po; do intltool-update ${po%.po}; done

Hi Stef,

thanks for the tip, that worked perfectly!

Cosimo

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply but I've been on vacation.

Are you guys sure? The command above assumes that all lines in the obsolete part of the file starts with #~ but that is not always the case. Translator-written comments for the strings that were obsoleted are kept and they don't have the #~ prefix, (which is a dam... mess for writing parsers for the format btw[1]). I'm not sure if it is a problem, but that means that the sed command above potentially leaves hanging comments, but maybe the second intltool-update removes those.

Alternatively, msgattrib appearently knows about this oddity (caveat), so the sed command might be replaced with a command like this:
for po in *.po; do cat $po|msgattrib --no-obsolete -o $po;done

Regards Kenneth

[1] See comment 3 in this bugreport: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyg3t/+bug/848950