Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 17:34 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Iirc the fallback mode is using new gtk and stuff... why is it
> obsolete?

Is this another provocative question?
It's a fallback that *by definition* uses older technologies to have
something usable on hardware that do not support gnome-shell.
gnome-panel might use GTK3, but that doesn't make it on-par with the
non-fallback experience in any way...

> I was asking looking at the anger and nostalgie expressed on phoronix.

I feel like the survey was explicitly intended to provoke such emotions
in a specific audience; so I don't think those results are really
valuable in choosing the direction GNOME should go.

Cosimo