Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)

> Phoronix is a tabloid seeking sensation.
Agree. But I guess it is not a surprise that some users are crying for good old gnome2. If gnome could properly estimate the share of those deprived... would it change anything?

What's stopping these deprived users from using Gnome 2.X? I don't think there's enough developers interested in keeping the 2.X series alive - it would be a different matter if people were smashing out the features/patches for the 2.X range but as that's not happening I don't see why they don't stay with what works for them?

Regards,
Nick