Google Code-In proposal for QA category

Hi!

I have suggestion for Google Code-In task - pupil could create
rudimentary, but still detailed list of features provided by GNOME
platform and core apps (in QA category). My biggest beef with free
software and open source software QA is that we do track API and other
changes at code level quite nicely, but we don't do this for features
(as user sees them) and how well they work release after release.
Sometimes some small bug just ruins all experience because something
doesn't work as it did release before. I know that I can try to trace
it trough push messages, but only few users will do that.

Is this viable idea, suitable for 13 - 17 year old?

Cheers,
Peteris.