Re: Launching an application requires too many mouse clicks in Gnome 3

Ok, I can admit the overview mode is somewhat more user friendly than
alt-f2. But still, demanding users to use their keyboard to perform such
basic task as launching an application is not the way to achieve user
friendliness.

To be more precise, I suppose all those methods of launching
applications serve different purpose :

1) alt-f2 : enable advanced users to execute some command or launch an
application quickly.

2) dockbar : enable users to access their most frequently used
applications.

3) overview mode : enable users to search for an application with
keywords.

4) program menu : enable users to browse through all the available
applications by categories.

You cannot replace one method with another, rather they are designed to
complement other methods to enhance user experience.

My point was, the current implementation of 4) requires its users
unnecessarily cumbersome interactions with their mouse, which could be
fixed by some simple design modifications.

2011-09-04 (일), 19:38 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak):