Re: Full screen color management

On 6 September 2011 14:27, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> Given that we now use a Clutter based sink in Totem, Cheese and Empathy,
> does this mean that we could drop per-application
> brightness/contrast/etc. tweaks, if they were to be done desktop-wide?

Well, color-management and "tweaking" is kinda orthognal in that the
former is interested in precise color matching and the second is about
making things look a little better to a certain person.

The end-goal for color management is to not need to tweak stuff, and
for the film to come with an embedded profile (or at least a hint,
like "I'm a PAL DVD") and the screen to be calibrated, which means
that the colors just look as close to ideal as possible.

Richard.