GNOME Goal/Feature request: advanced mouse support

Hello,

Sorry for using ML instead of #gnome-design. I recently had some
experience with 'strange' mouses and the usage on Gnome OS[1] was less
then optimal:

Case 1: Multitouch screen (I know that evdev-multitouch is work in
progress). Multitouch screens tend to have slightly different
requirements then normal mouse and it would be nice to scroll by
'pushing' the widget instead of using scrollbar (and have gestures for
right-click etc.). I know that there is ongoing work in gnome-shell (to
mention at least on-screen keyboard) but the scrolling etc. would be
nice as well.

Case 2: Multi-button mouse. I recently used a mouse with many buttons.
While the standard buttons (3 + scolling) worked and even the 2de
scrolling wheel worked but the additional 3 buttons (on Windows - back,
front, and enter overview mode) did not worked (the first 2 worked on
Firefox but not epiphany). The 3rd party solution (xbindkeys + xvkbd)
for triggering overview mode sometimes worked but sometimes it was being
ignored by gnome-shell.

I understand that it is large amount of work but would it be possible to
include this in long-term goals.

Best regards

[1] By this term I mean whole stack - not necessary limited to GNOME OS.